Effective Date: 1/28/2019
Your privacy is important to Margot Elena. We have prepared this privacy statement to describe to you Margot Elena’s practices for collecting and using personal information when you visit this website and any website owned or operated by Margot Elena (collectively, the “Site”), including what type of information is collected, how the information is used, with whom the information is shared, and how the information is protected. It also describes certain choices you may have regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information.
The Site may contain links to other websites. Margot Elena is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites. We maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us through such a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy and the privacy practices of those social media platforms will control.
Changes to this Statement
If we make any material changes to this statement, we will notify you by means of a notice on this Site or by an email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) prior to the change becoming effective. Where we are required by applicable data protection laws, we will also seek your consent to any material changes that affect how we use your personal information. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Types of Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
As you use the Site, we collect information about you and the services you use. The data we collect from you fall into two different categories: (1) information you give us; and (2) information we collect from you automatically.
Information You Give Us. Although we do not require you to submit information to us while simply visiting the Site; we do require you to submit personal data to us in certain situations and, in the preceding twelve (12) months, we have collected several types of information from and about users of the Site, as described below.
- Signing up for an Account. If you register with us on the Site, we may ask for your name and e-mail address to create an account on our Site. We may use the profile you create to identify you when you use our online services, to track your orders and purchasing history and to communicate with you about your account and this privacy statement.
- Contacting Us. If you contact us via e-mail for any reason, we will collect any content included in the e-mail, in order to respond to you or otherwise address your feedback or message.
- Posting in a Public Space. If you post in a public space, such as a blog or discussion forum or in product reviews, on our Site, we may collect any information you post to make the information available to the public. Please note that any information you post in any public forum can be seen, disclosed to, or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict.
- Subscribing to Marketing Communications. If you subscribe to receive marketing communications or newsletters, we may ask for your name and e-mail address to provide you with these marketing opportunities.
- If you sign up for a contest, sweepstake, or other promotion on our Site or through social media (collectively, “Promotions”), we may ask for your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer our Promotions and communicate with you about the applicable Promotion.
- Purchasing Products on our Site. If you decide to purchase any products on our Site, we and our third-party merchants and agents may collect your name, address, zip code, telephone number and other information necessary to process your transaction. The third-party merchants may collect your credit card information and process your credit card transactions.
- Other Uses. We may also use the personal information you provide to us to make our Site and products better and to customize your experience with us. We may also use this information to protect the security of the Site.
Information We Collect Automatically from You. We may collect information automatically from you as described below.
- Single Sign-On. If you connect to the Site using credentials from a third party application, such as Facebook, we may collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials, in order to sign you into the Site.
We may collect personal information automatically about you using certain tracking tools in order to recognize new or past visitors, to provide better customer service, to tailor advertising, and to collect information about our visitors’ behavior during their visits to the Site. The tracking tools we use include the following:
- Web Beacons. We, or our third party service providers, may use web beacon or other technologies such as Java scripts and etags to better tailor the Site to provide better customer service. These technologies may be in use on a number of pages across our websites. When a visitor accesses these pages, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated. If you turn off cookies, web beacons and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
How to Opt Out? If you would prefer to opt out of the above tracking tools, we recommend that you:
- Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
When We Share Your Information Outside of Margot Elena
We may share your personal information in certain circumstances. Below is an overview of how we may share the personal information we collect about you.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with affiliates and third party service providers to provide you with the services that we offer you, such as performing payment processing, running Promotions, responding to your requests if you contact us and to provide you and the Site with technical support. It is our practice to require these third party service providers to not use your personal information other than to provide the services requested by us.
- Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, we may disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary (a) in connection with any legal investigation; (b) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants; (c) to protect or defend the rights or property of Margot Elena or users of the Site; and/or (d) to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law. There may also be circumstances in which we are required to disclose your personal information to parties in addition to those listed above, including, but not limited to, legal and financial advisers.
In the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties: our customers’ name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, and purchase information (such as subscription ID, purchase ID or order number) to receive technical support from such third parties and to assist us in responding to your requests if you contact us.
We do not sell our users personal information and in the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold our users personal information.
Knowing Your Rights
Applicable data protection laws may give you the right to control our use and processing of your personal information. In some countries and under certain circumstances, you may have the right to:
1. Request to know whether we maintain information on you, how such information is being used and whether it has been disclosed;
2. Request access to and a copy of your personal information from us; and
3. Request modification of your personal information that may be inaccurate.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us as described below under the section “Questions or Comments”. We will consider and act upon any such requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws, and may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond effectively to your request.
How do we secure your personal data?
Margot Elena is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Site will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
Your California Privacy Rights
Applicable California data protection laws may give you the right to control our use and processing of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request:
1. The categories of Information we have collected about you;
2. The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
3. The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
4. The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
5. The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
6. The categories of personal information we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom your personal information was sold; and
7. The categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You can submit requests for the above information by contacting us at email@example.com or toll-free at 1-888-896-6398.
Questions, comments or Complaints?
Margot Elena Companies and Collections
Attention: Customer Experience
6890 S. Emporia St.
Centennial, Colorado 80112
This Site is not directed toward children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are between the ages of 16 and 18, please ensure that you use this Site only with the permission of a parent or guardian. If a child under 16 provided this Site with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.